Lifestyle, health, wellness and, men's fashion and beauty.

Monday 29 August 2016

I love a Cup O'Coffee in the morning

Don't you love the smell of coffee in the morning? Me too. Although I am far from being a 'morning person' I am more than happy to get up if it means slathering a Cup O'Coffee onto my face. You heard, I put coffee onto my face - and it's great! To be more specific, I use a vegan coffee based face mask from Lush Cosmetics which you can view here.

150g pot

As today was my first day back at work after two weeks off on holiday, I needed something to perk me up and get me feeling fresh for the day ahead. That's why I used this mask. Although I'm not new to this product, it certainly doesn't get old for me. I'm a big advocate of it and usually use it once a week in conjunction with Don't Look at Me.  Cup O'Coffee was one of the first products I ever bought from Lush along with a few other goodies which you can view here. After hearing from a friend how good it was, I gave into temptation and purchased it. Standard Liam. Not normally a fan of coffee (guilty), I am repeatedly blown away at how good this product smells. Although it's not a subtle scent, I find myself opening up the pot just to bask in the beautiful coffee aroma. It's really, really good. But there's more to this product than just it's scent.

As a kaolin based mask, Cup O'Coffee is great for cleansing the skin deeply and absorbing impurities, so if you leave this mask on your face or body for around 10 - 15 minutes your skin will thank you. Many Lush masks have kaolin in them so if the scent of coffee just isn't to your taste, you're sure to find one that you like if you pop into any Lush store, alternatively take a look on their website. But hey that's not my favourite thing about this mask. What I really love is the ground up coffee pieces you find in it, which act as great exfoliators.  After letting this mask sit on your skin for the recommended time, you rub the ground coffee pieces into circular motions; going harder for rougher areas like the nose. What you are left with is super smooth and soft skin. Who knew coffee could do more than just wake you up? I've used many different exfoliators but nothing beats this one and as it is full of mainly natural ingredients it shouldn't cause any irritation to you. Having said that, I would advise going in-store and asking for a free sample just so you can get the feel of this product before purchasing, it is especially important if you have sensitive skin.

It's very thick so a little goes a long way.

As someone with oily-combo skin, this mask has been an absolute treat at absorbing excess oils and clearing away rough areas for me so I plan to continue using it. If you have dry skin, I would advise using this mask very occasionally to exfoliate away flaky dead skin cell, but use it along with a moisturising mask like Oatifix.

Ingredients:

Organic Agave Syrup, Kaolin, Glycerine, Coffee Infusion, Talc, Ground Coffee, Bentone gel, Perfume, Vetivert Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Roasted Cocoa Extract, Coriander Oil, Caffeine Powder, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool

Face mask rating: 
Price: £6.75 for 150g l £12.25 for 325g


What's your favourite face mask? Let me know in the comments.

Related links:
https://uk.lush.com
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig