Lifestyle, health, wellness and, men's fashion and beauty.

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Skincare Routine

Nailing a skincare routine down can be quite the task when you don't know where to start. Toners, lotions, eye creams, cleansers - the list of products available goes on and on and gets you thinking, what do I really need? Well you're in safe hands with me as I share the top products you need to look after your money maker.


1. Daytime Face wash

You might have guessed this one already so snaps for you. A face wash is a must have for every skin care routine, that is if you want to be clean. Use every morning to get rid of all that excess dirt and oil that builds up oh so regularly #TheStruggle. Make sure to rub in a circular motion and target troublesome areas like your T-Zone.

I use Angels on Bare Skin.

2. Night time Cleanser

Another cleanser? Not necessarily; you could use your daytime face wash as your night time cleanser too, but if you don't want the effort of getting into the shower once again opt for a cleanser to use with some cotton wool pads. It's especially important to clean your face at night as your skin picks up a heck of a lot of dirt from being outside and in different environments all day. What's more, your body will absorb everything on your skin when you sleep at night. That's right; all of that dirt and oil you picked up throughout the day will be absorbed into your pores if you don't clean it off and God knows that's not how you get beautiful skin.

I use 9 to 5.

3. Toner

Toners are great for getting extra dirt off your skin that your cleansers could not get off so are well worth the investment, but they do more than that with many offering a little extra magic like reducing redness or being antibacterial for spot prevention. Spray one directly onto your face and leave to sit for 30 seconds before using a cotton wool pad to wipe it off.

I use Eau Roma Water in the day to reduce redness and Tea Tree Water in the night to prevent spots.

4. Face mask

Face masks are not only great for beautiful skin, but are pretty relaxing too and with so many different ones to choose from you're in for a treat. Choose one that has exfoliating properties to get best results as they remove dead skin cells and smooth out skin. A kaolin one is also best for drawing out impurities and toxins deep under your skin. Use once to twice a week, anymore than that may upset skin.

I use Don't Look at Me.

5. Moisturiser

A skincare routine is not complete without a moisturiser. No matter what your skin type, your skin needs moisture - yes even us oily people. It's best to use one at night as that is when your skin best absorbs products. Make sure to use after you have cleansed your face otherwise it will clog your pores with dirt, not ideal. Use a light amount and target under your eyes too to avoid wrinkles forming.

I use Enzymion.

Here's to better skin. Let me know your top tips for great skin below.

Liam
Share:

2 comments

  1. I used the Don't Look at Me face mask before, and it was probably the freshest feeling one I've ever used. It left my skin so bright (maybe even a little too bright for my taste) but is absolutely perfect for lightening dull, winter skin! I'm looking at new skincare products as I am almost out, and a Lush moisturizer seems the way to go. I'll have a look at that one you recommended :)

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Lifestyle & Beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite mask. The lemon lightens my skin so much, it's a dream. And the Enzymion moisturiser is a completely new one for me but it seems to be doing the trick. Perfect for oily skin!

      I'm on Bloglovin' too at: https://www.bloglovin.com/@liamhavard

      Thanks for your comment,
      Liam :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig