Lifestyle, health, wellness and, men's fashion and beauty.

Thursday 23 February 2017

Exercise: Is it worth it? My Journey

So it's been a little over a month into my new year's resolution of getting fit and strong. I must say I'm proud of myself for sticking it out. There's a first for everything! Have I seen any changes? Grab a cuppa and I'll tell you all.

Sadly I'd like to say I now have the body of a god; a body that needs to be worshipped, but I still look like little'ol me. But that's okay, because that's what I'll look like next month, right? Vanity aside I have noticed some great changes so let me tell you.

I've taken up running 2-3 times a week and I workout using weights and weight machines in the gym between 3-4 times a week.
1. Sleep
Well I actually get some now. I'm not talking miraculous sleep, but from doing intense weight lifting and running I now find it easier to hit the hay and get some snooze in.

2. Strength
Did someone call for a muscle man because I'm right here (Yeah you could say my increased strength has inflated my ego)?! Really though I do feel a lot stronger and each week I have been increasing the weight I lift in the gym and it's a good feeling.

3. Fitness
Instead of crawling up a hill and begging for the torture to end, I now walk up one with ease and accept the challenge. All the running I have done alongside the weight lifting has seen my fitness sore and I can't wait to see how much fitter I get.

4. Mood
No longer a grumpy monkey, but instead a happy chappy. I can't get enough of all the endorphins I'm getting. I say keep em' coming! Exercise really gives you a happy high throughout the day and makes you feel good about yourself. It's great and yours for the taking.

5. Weight
I bet you're expecting me to say I've seen a weight loss, but actually I've gained 5lbs. I'm hoping this is muscle weight and not fat...let's hope it's the former! I've also noticed a reduction in my waist line so I'm a little less curvy (sad times, I digged the curves).

These a just a handful of the benefits exercise offers, but there are many many more.

I'm enjoying my fitness journey and will keep you all updated on all the changes I go through in future posts along with fitness tips.

Disclaimer: I don't endorse exercise as being easy. It is in fact very hard, but it is so worth it.


Why do you exercise?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig