Lifestyle, health, wellness and, men's fashion and beauty.

Tuesday 6 September 2016

For the love of lip balm!

Okay let's talk lips, shall we? If you're like me, you don't leave the house without your keys, wallet, phone and most importantly, lip balm. It's a necessity and you can't go a few hours before spreading some onto your lips. My all time favourite is Lush Cosmetic's vegan Buttered Brazils Lip balm.


This balm costs a hefty £6.75 for 12g of nut oils, waxes and butters - and although it's slightly pricey, it lasts for a long time. I made my second purchase of it after I sadly run out of my previous one last week. It lasted for around a month and a half, but that's with me applying it around 3 times a day. Really.


You only need to rub the balm 5 or 6 times with your finger to melt it before you have a perfect layer to smother on. It's quite oily so will leave a lovely shine, perfect if you need to pucker up for someone.  It also smells delicious, so everybody is going to be asking you what you have on. If you're after something with a subtle smell though, I would not advise using Buttered Brazils as it is so pungent. No exaggeration but people know I'm in a room because they can smell this balm on me. They say "Liam's definitely here". As for the taste, you may have guessed it tastes quite nutty - but with a hint of cocoa and golden syrup for added sweetness.

I've found this balm to be super moisturising and as someone who gets dry lips this is my perfect companion. 
The added cocoa butter and shea butter leaves a slight layer but it is absorbed in around 10 minutes, and after that you are left with super moisturised and soft lips. The only con of this product is that when you get to the bottom of the tin it is quite grainy so acts as more of an exfoliator than a moisturiser. With that in mind, it is still very moisturising but has a crumbly texture instead.

When I was vegetarian, I used Honey Trap from Lush which was great so when I recently became vegan I needed something of the same quality. Buttered Brazils hasn't disappointed me and I'm sure it won't disappoint me.

Ingredients:

Fair Trade Shea Butter, Organic Brazil Nut Oil, Candelilla Wax, Organic Castor Oil, Cupuacu Butter, Water (Aqua), Coconut Wax, Dark Chocolate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Flavour, Cetearyl, Alcohol, Golden Syrup, Cocoa Roasted Extract, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Almond essential oil

Lip balm rating: 
Price: £6.75 for 12g

What's your favourite lip balm?

Liam


Related links:
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig