Lifestyle, health, wellness and, men's fashion and beauty.

Thursday 29 September 2016

THE go-to green smoothie

Smoothies; they sound good, right? How about if I said green smoothies? Does it sound as appetising? For some of you the answer is probably no, but when I was a green smoothie virgin I was exactly the same. Like spinach in a smoothie?! Please don't. But as a survivor and now lover of these bad boys, I guarantee you that they taste delicious.  I have one every evening so I'm going to share with you my favourite one.

I'm Liam and I'm addicted to smoothies. I haven't gone 1 day without drinking one lately.

The tropical one:

Fresh root ginger x 1 small teaspoon (grated or finely chopped)
Wheat-grass x 1 teaspoon (not heaped)
Chia seeds x 2 table spoons 
Flax seeds x 1 tablespoon
Coconut milk x 4 table spoons
Orange juice x a big splash
Spinach x 1 cup if fresh. 3 pieces if bought frozen
Mango x 1 handful
Pineapple x 1 handful
Banana  x 1
Oats *optional x 2 table spoons 



Smoothies are such a great way to nourish your body. If like me you don't like the texture of fruit but love the taste; or if you're genuinely struggling to eat enough fruit and veg, then make a smoothie. A GREEN one. They're such a quick and easy way to get in vital nutrition and The Tropical one is packed with a whole lot of it!

Benefits of The Tropical One:

Fibre 
Iron 
Vitamin C 
Protein ✓
Omega 3 
Amino acids  
Filling  
Hydrating  
Aids digestion  
Packed with energy 
Great for the skin 
Antioxidant heaven 
3 of your 5 a day  

We were always told as children to eat our greens, so it's about time we started. The best bit of this smoothie is that you won't even taste any of the green goodness in it but you'll still be getting all the benefits of it. Now you can get on the health bandwagon with me and start to feel the benefits. Let me know how you find it or if there's anything you would change.

What's your favourite smoothie?

Liam
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig