Lifestyle, health, wellness and, men's fashion and beauty.

Monday 20 March 2017

My gym routine

Yes, yes I've turned into one of those gym bunnies. That whole 'new year, new me' thing actually stuck and now I go 4-5 times a week. To think I've gone from couch potato, well more like couch slob hating exercise to now loving it. Exercise has really been dare I say...fun? It's offered me so many benefits. It taken me a while to get this whole routine thing down but now I think I've finally done it. Check it out!

Source: here.
Monday/Thursday:

These days are big on working the guns (arms) and the babies (chest boobs). I like to work my biceps, triceps and chest twice a week simply because they're what I'm most self conscious of. Everyone has something!

  • Using the free weights machines, I do pec flys and chest press at 22.5lbs; arm curls at 37.5lbs; and tricep extension at 47.5lbs. I alternate between what equipment I use but generally make use of ropes, metal hand bars and grasps/clamps. I do 3 sets of 12 reps.
  • For extra resistance I use the weight machines afterwards doing pec fly at 40lbs; chest press at 55lbs; bicep curl at 70lbs; and tricep extension at 90lbs.
  • I end the session by doing dumbbells and keep going until I burnout the muscles. This one tests  my willpower, which I have very little of so I get to about 25/30 reps until I have to stop.

Tuesday/Friday:

  • This is legs day, my favourite HA NOT. I train legs once to twice a week because I figure legs are half your body so why wouldn't you want to train half your body twice a week? You want to look proportionate and not like Johny Bravo, right? Plus gotta werk that booty. Using the weight machines I do leg press and calf press at 85lbs; plus leg extension, seated leg curl, hip abduction, hip adduction and prone leg curl at 70lbs (yes all at the same weight, weird). I do 3 sets of 12 reps.

Wednesday:

This day is meant for shoulders and back, but cheekily I never train them. Naughty. However this has come to an end as I plan to give these muscles a little love from this week using the free weights machines and weight machines. This used to be my day off, but roider Liam won't allow missing shoulder/back day no more. He's strict.

Weekends:

I use this time for cardio, whether it's a brisk walk, hike or run. I think cardio is important in any workout plan no matter if you're trying to gain or lose weight. I generally go for a local run or a woodland hike.

* 30 - 45 second rest between all reps
* Routine meant for people wanting to gain muscle #Gainz

And that's that! That's my workout routine. It's not perfect, but it's certainly not bad and I'm proud of how far I'm going.

What's your workout routine?

Liam
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig